Monday, February 10, 2014

Writers' Group

This is how I've been feeling for the last couple months - although now the weather may be about to change.

I’m Dreaming of Some Warm Weather (with apologies to Irving Berlin)

The snow is falling
The ground is white
It’s been so many a week.
The southland we may seek,
But it’s January, the twenty fourth,
And winter goes on here in the north.

I’m dreaming of some warm weather,
Just like we’ve had in summers past,
Where the treetops blossom
And children frolic, so glad for the swim season to last.

We need parkas, boots and mittens,
Scarves, vests for the kittens.
To survive the polar vortex,
We made sure to wear our Gore-Tex.
To plow snow we need a tractor;
Don’t forget the wind chill factor.

I’m dreaming of some warm weather
With every snowflake that I see.
May your days be merry and bright
And  every evening long and filled with light.
                                        ---Kay Carlsen

No comments:

Post a Comment